“Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.” -Marianne Williamson
Gratitude means thankfulness, counting your blessings, noticing simple pleasures, and being aware of everything that you have in life. It means learning to live your life as if everything were a miracle.
Gratitude shifts your focus from what your life lacks to the abundance that is already present. Recent mental health research has shown that life improvements that can grow from the practice of gratitude. Giving thanks makes people happier and more resilient. It strengthens relationships. It improves health. It reduces stress. (Reference: The Change Blog)
I started this page to see how many things I am grateful for – there is alot! In the spirit of sharing – here are some of the primary things that make me grateful every day, in no particular order:
- My 2 beautiful and way-too-smart-for-their-own-good sons (Mom loves you like crazy, boys!)
- My hubby-to-be, Mike. He is gorgeous, patient, funny, affectionate and my BFF!
- My sister and her Hubby – I could not have gotten to where I am in life without their support and love.
- My friends – they make me laugh and cry & vent with me when necessary! LOL!
- My cat – he meows way too much, but he makes me laugh daily.
- My dog – smart bugger, and so loyal and loving.
- my fantastic career – no matter how crazy it gets at work, I have a job and career that I am passionate about and that I have been doing for over 20 years. Talk about lucky!
I will be adding to the list regularly, ackowledging the little things in life for which I am grateful.
Carolyne’s Thankful Grati-Tude Snippets:
- I am grateful for the feeling of freedom that a particularly vigorous yoga session gave me. I feel “fluid” and peaceful. Awesome feeling!
- I am grateful for the heated cars sits in Mike’s car. Nothing better than having a warm butt immediately after standing in cold wintery blustery weather!
- I am grateful for gentle sounds of kitty purrings and chirrups at my side while I work daily.
- I am grateful for my scientific curiosity and research skills that allow me to approach the management of my own health with an open mind, a scientific persistence and audacity, and a wonderment at all research results.
- The healing power of gratitude (walterliebscher.com)
- Growing Through Gratitude (inspiredeverymoment.wordpress.com)
- Accessing the Power of Gratitude (espirituwellness.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude as an attitude (ritawatson.com)